Volunteer work at the COA
Vacancies for volunteers vary by location. Sometimes, for example, buddies are needed to guide residents to a hospital or volunteers to help with applying for bank cards and other administrative tasks. Volunteers are active at all locations as:
- Supervisor in the open learning centre: the open learning centre is a computer room. Together with a COA employee you support asylum seekers in their (self) studies or in a computer course. You also provide support with homework and you are the person to go to for other questions.
- Supervisor of the activities room for 2 to 4-year olds: together with COA staff, you provide informal day-care for children to the age of 4. This allows their parents to participate in programmes and activities, or visit a doctor or lawyer.
- Basic Dutch teacher: you teach a group of asylum seekers using a special method. For this, you will be provided with a manual for supervisors.
- Leisure coach: you give football training or music lessons, for example. Or perhaps you would like to contribute to the sports and games activities organised in a reception centre by residents themselves.
- Orientation guide: together with an asylum seeker, you explore the area of a reception centre, which you of course already know well yourself.
Would you also like to contribute to the reception of asylum seekers? You can, if you:
- are 18 years or over
- have affinity with (the guidance and support of) asylum seekers
- work professionally
- are able to submit a certificate of conduct (VOG)