We are the COA
The COA Act
The COA has existed since the Central Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers Act (1994) became effective. In this 'COA Act', the following tasks have been laid down for the independent administrative body the Central Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers:
- providing asylum seekers with accommodation
- support and guide them towards a future in the Netherlands or abroad
- acquiring and managing reception centres
- maintaining the safety and quality of life in reception centres, and
- providing asylum seekers with the necessary means
The necessary means to which asylum seekers are entitled have been defined in the Asylum Seekers and Other Categories of Aliens Provisions Regulations (Rva).
In addition to the Rva, there are the Regulations on Provisions for Certain Categories of Aliens (Rvb). The implementation of the Rvb is also one of the tasks of the COA.
Our mission and vision
The COA offers asylum seekers livable and safe accommodation and guides them towards a future in or outside the Netherlands, in collaboration with partners...